As any other technologically educated individual (nerd), I’m sure you were up for the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reveal this morning. Much like the Game of Throne fanatics or the Harry Potter-ites, the Samsung Galaxy gathered to unveil Samsung’s newest addition.
But in cause you like somewhere near Apple-ville, here’s what you missed:
Samsung began the conference prompt and on time with the shade. Samsung basically came through like a Targaryen dragon and provided quarterly receipts that seemed to be compared to Apple. Now it’s shade, but true. Samsung is indeed slaying the scores in sales. But to shake the table on a titan Apple, Samsung has to come through with its latest release.
In comes the Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
The key features include:
- A slightly curved 5.7-inch display
- S Pen stylus
- Retina scanner to unlock the phone with your eyes as well as fingerprint scanner
- Water resistant display and S Pen
- Support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video streaming. Images shot in HDR essentially make the contrast between light and dark colors even more prominent so the white highlights are even brighter. The purpose is to make the image on screen look more realistic. It’s one of the first phones to support this.
- 12 megapixel rear camera and 5 megapixel selfie camera
- A 17 percent increase in battery capacity versus the Note 5
- Expandable storage up to 256 gigabytes
- Edge display – the same as the Galaxy S7 Edge
I’m going to admit I see it for Samsung’s latest “inspired” project. I see the phone being a hit among the alrealdy eager Galaxy fans, but I doubt it would convert any of the Apple Users still sitting on the innovation iron throne.
The New Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will be available August 19, 2016.
To sum it up in 140 Characters:
wait, people actually have samsung phones?
— james ferris (@ferrisxwheel) August 2, 2016
— BBC Mundo (@bbcmundo) August 2, 2016